Day 49 - Happy Birthday to Mummy!

Today is Mummy's birthday! I bought her a birthday card ...

What is so special about this card?
  1. It cost only $2.50 - very cheap yet cute (cheaper than the Forever Friends one that cost easily $6)
  2. It has a rabbit on it, which is my mummy's chinese horoscope.
  3. The most important thing is - I can slot moolahs in it!! (I didn't want to get my mummy something she won't use or not like and the best thing is to give hongbao (red packet) [Chinese tradition- we give red packets on many occasion -  like new born child's first month, bithdays, house warming , weddings and also on Chinese New Year- it not only represent well wishing and also symbolize good luck]

And the additional foodie...I bought from Old Chang Kee!
So Heng (Lucky)!! Got it for $1 per stick!! Apparently they have some National Day Promotion. Hehe so many sticks only cost me $9!!
My Cedele "Red Velvet" cake that has beet root in it and vanilla cream all over the top! I ate it before during the monthly birthday celebration at work and I love it!! Although it sounds weird but the combination is one that the more you eat, the more addictive it gets!!
Here's my cute mum saying Hi to everyone and posing happily with her cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment