Day 34 - Day Filled With Surprises!

Surprise 1. The more than usual GTR on the road!

Side View



I only managed to capture a few pictures of this special GTR, what is so special about it? The sides of the car was custom made to look like a fighter plane from WWII (not sure which WW but it just look like a plane). It is pretty rare to see GTR on the road as it is a rather pricey car (current market price is around $468,800 without road tax, COE etc) moreover this is like the special edition kind. I will show the the normal GTR, it looks something like this:


Normal GTR



Let us have a closer look at the car I saw on the road. Think the owner just got married and well it is not a local car though cause I saw the car plate number does not resemble any Singapore registered car plate number.




Before we could take a close look, the green light lights up and Vroom it's gone!

Surprise 2: Met Ah Pork for Dinner and it's not at Bedok Food Centre
Well it is not that I am pampered or what, that I do not eat Hawker Food. But recently the weather here is freaking hot! The idea of eating at the Hawker Centre with my body sweating and sticky just was not what I would love to do. So, I tricked Mr Loh to Bedok Point (not really trick him cause I was really having a tummyache) After I was done, I just threw him the *puss in boots stare* and he agreed to eat at Bedok Point!! Woohoo! Air Condition!!

We went to Chicken Hotpot. He let me decide what to eat and I just picked the most brainless choice, couple set meal (don't want to kill any more brain cells after work) While waiting, I took a few shots of the Feel Rich Ah Pork (Feel Rich- Not very rich but just feel like spending $$!)

Wondering if the food is nice? Or the infamous handsome pose?

Why isn't the food here yet?? A hungry man is an angry man!

Finally the first dish,

                                                                         Scandalously Spicy Prawns
Although the combination is abit weird (Prawns, Fries and Tom Yum), but it is a perfect dish for me. It has PRAWNS and FRENCH FRIES!! If only the prawns are fresher and not so tough and fries that are more crispy .. Awww

Second Dish,
Gong Bao Chicken


I didn't really touch this dish much cause this afternoon's lunch I ate the same thing. But the chicken here taste abit different probably because they added in some herbs to the base. If you ask me I prefer the one at Loyang Point..hahaha. I mean this Chicken Hotpot place is not too bad, you get quite reasonable prices dining there. 2 of us plus our drinks is about $37 (around $16 per pax). Although the food was not fantastic and service was so-so , I am still very happy! The taste of the food sometimes does not matter that much, it is sometimes the people and company you are with that determined if it is a good meal.

Surprise 3: Ah Pork says I can't maintain my hair properly and I cannot tie a proper braid

The reason why I kept my hair long a big part of it was because Mr Loh like girls with long hair. And now he asked me to look at my hair and other's hair, it is like poorly maintain and told me I should just snap it if I can't keep it well. And he also said that the girls in his school are really good at tying their hair and I tried to tie to show him but my hair entangle.. Boo! And he said I can't even do a simple braid. This really broke my heart. For his sake, I kept the stupid long hair and withstand this crazy weather and that was what he told me " Go cut if you cannot maintain" No matter how tempting it was to snap it off, I endure and what I get was like " hey idiot if you can't keep it properly don't even do it in the first place, look look how good people are at this. You sucked at it! This kinda of pissed me off.


Surprise 4: Ah Pork subsidize my Hair Cut
Ah Pork gave me $100 for the Mindy's Hair Makeover Pocket Money Fund! Thanks Mr Loh!


Surprise 5: I have made an appointment at the Salon
Recently, Sok got her haircut and it was quite a good job done. Thus I have asked her for her hair stylist number and today I finally called them up and made an appointment this Wednesday at 7.30pm. I am still unsure if I should cut my hair short cause I took quite some time to grow it this long...Sob can't bear to cut! Anyway my plan is to go down and seek for the stylist advice if I should snap it! If she said it will make me look better than why not! If she say my round fat face can't carry a short hair then I will just trim my hair then.


Talking about hair, recently I found some cool youtube videos teaching people how to tie their hair in simple or creative ways. It is really amazing to see these hands work. They are really good at it, while I always wanted to learn how to tie like buns, waterfall braid and many more. Here are people who have magical hands:

Bebexo
sC'erine
Cinthia Truong                                           
Lilith Moon
                                                Mindy (I wish it was me but nah..haha)




Surprise 6: This is for you Ah Pork!
In order to prove that I could tie my hair and just now I could not do it due to the tangles. I tied a french bun after watching one of the tutorial!! Hmmh *roll eyes*
bun with cutie ribbon

Back view of my bun

*Applause!*








No comments:

Post a Comment