A Happy Refugee - Day One

I am feeling much better after all my medication. In my previous post, I have mentioned that my faithful bed has passed away. So now, I have no place to zZzz in. My personal superhero - Ah Pork came to my rescue! He offered his bed to me. Now I have a temporary bed, sad to say but he has the King Koil mattress (he had a better bed than I do) there is no way I should say no to it. Plus, I will need to wake up early tomorrow to cover a colleague for my part time job.

This is the beginning of my day one of being a happy refugee... It starts after work, I get free perks! All thanks to Colgate and Singapore Dental Association. In the month of August, free dental checkups (oral examination and consultation) is available to public at the scheduled roadshows in accordance of Oral Health Month!
This was the roadshow I happened to pass by in Compass Point - Sengkang.
I was given an informative booklet and was encourage to have my free dental checkup by practicing dentist.
The useful, informative and handy booklet.
It educates public on oral health related topics like gum diseases, sensitive teeth, cavities and how to brush better etc.
Just like seeing a doctor in the clinic, I got my queue number
and waited patiently outside the consultation room for my turn.
My checkup sheet with problem teeth areas being highlighted. Erm.. sad but the dentist said my teeth was not exactly as clean as I thought it should be *sob* . He said it was due to my orthodontics fixture - retainers at my lower teeth and that I might want to consider removing my 2 wisdom tooth at the lower gums. There was another booth that handed me free samples.
Free Samples!!
Colgate Total Toothpaste
Haha!! This happens to be the toothpaste my family now uses...
Colgate Plax Fresh Tea
After the success of Colgate Plax, they have come up with a new Fresh Tea Flavour. I have tried and tested it, it really keeps my mouth clean and fresh for hours.
What I like about it - Colgate Plax Fresh Tea Flavour?
  • Refreshing Tea Flavour - can really feel the tea leaves kind of flavour explodes in your mouth
  • No burning sensation - unlike usual mouthwash, we tend to get the prickling, burning sensation once you gurgle and the mouthwash touches your tongue, this is really different it does not have that scary feeling that you will lose your tastebuds any time.
  • Long lasting - it really keeps my mouth fresh and clean for hours at least 6-8 hours.
  • No strong minty taste - best for people who doesn't like minty stuff
It is tried and tested!! Highly recommended, I will get a bottle once I use up my sample.

For those who are interested to go for the free dental checkups and collect your free samples (only available on Fridays - Sundays)

Following venues and dates for Roadshow:

Compass Point Atrium, Level 1 (Sengkang)
13 - 19 Aug 2012
11am - 9pm

Nex Mall Atrium, Level 1 (Serangoon)
22 - 26 Aug 2012
11am - 9pm

Causeway Point Atrium, Level 1 (Woodlands)
28 Aug - 2 Sep 2012
11am - 9pm

TAKE NOTE: For Free Dental Checkups and Free Samples 
ONLY AVAILABLE FRIDAY - SUNDAY) and free samples are given upon completion of dental checkup and is while stock last!! There are also some participating dental clinics that offer free dental checkup at their premises. So in the event you cannot make it to the booth, you can check out if any nearby dental clinic you could get your free dental consultation from.
You can click on the links below to find out more:

Time to put dental health aside first and fill up my groaning tummy.
Went to Chomp Chomp @ Serangoon Gardens for dinner with Ah Pork. Well, Chomp Chomp is most probably one of the best hawker centre we have here in Singapore, our babysitter for the Genting Trip - Ladyironchef also say so! 

Photo credits to Wanderlust Diary
Great Stomach thinks alike!! I only found out that I ordered my food from the same stalls in Brad's (Ladyironchef) post on Chomp Chomp..Muahahaha (^o^)

Chicken Wings that Sparkles....
Fat Fat Oyster on my Oyster Omelette!!
Hokkien Mee with not the usual texture due to the white thick noodles that are slimmer than normal ones. It is amazing how I could still eat Hokkien Mee after having diarrhea that was triggered by Hokkien Mee. Maybe because I am half a Hokkien that is why I cannot resist it??
Satay without my Ketupat (-_-)
Don't know why people will order satay without the Ketupat (rice wrapped in weaved leaves)? Ask Ah Pork. It is supposed to be the essence of this malay dish. For people who do not know how Ketupat looks like:
Picture credits to Lee Wee & Brothers' Foodstuff 
Got good food to eat, nice and cozy place to sleep. How not be a happy and contented refugee?

No comments:

Post a Comment