Mini Gathering with Stephanie and Amanda + Why bloggers take photos of their food?

Well, it was supposed to be like a gathering for the bloggers and friends who went for the Nuffnang Genting Trip. But apparently, the other bloggers are all occupied, unavailable or uninterested after a few attempts of contacting them (You all broke Amanda's heart-Hmph). Just kidding la, the truth is that we will love to have you guys join us!

I miss the times ...cameras are the first thing we took out where every new dish were placed in front of us...looking for the right angle and snapping nice pictures of the food were our priority...

It is a really strange feeling when you know people from other tables are looking at you like *ermm...seriously you all really need to snap photos of your food to that extent?* but you will be able to dismiss others' stare and still feel that you are the cool ones and that they are the weird ones hohoho (-_^)

But, I have to admit before I blog, I used to be the ones wondering why people have to take pictures of their food until you have joined them you will never know the joy of  snapping this perfect photo of the food that could just show the world how amazing the taste is by just looking at the photo (a tiney winey bit sense of achievement is there, it will become greater when people tell you the food looks amazing!) So, people who are not doing that, try out start with dishes that you have tried and loved post them on your instagram.Warning, it is highly addictive!


Alright shall cut the chase, love to share with you guys the yummy food we had!!!

As usual, I am late so didn't join Stephanie and Amanda for lunch at Ninethirty = (
But we went to Au Chocolat....to satisfy my craving for Truffle Fries!! Thanks Girls for being so accomodating *teary...so touched* !!



 Here we are, it has a cool seating area. I personally think it has the " Street Cafe of Paris Feel". But, the area isn't open for seating that day according to the waitress.

The Menu


Our Drinks
Out of courtesy, I should still introduce the drinks we had ermmm..which I kinda of forget the names *Pardon me of my short term memory..OK it was 1 week plus ago hor* Amanda and I had some Fizzy Drink mine was minty taste like mojito?? I prefer Amanda's fruity fizzy drink which has berries, Stephanie has her Earl Grey Tea...or was it Camomile?? Ok we will just skip the drinks cause it is nothing really fantastic if not I would have remember...hoho
Our Food
Not quite ...one of the dish was accidentally placed on our table. Yes, it was tempting to stick our forks in but we are good people and we didn't ate other people' food.
We had...
Go Nuts with Salted Caramel 
Crepes, Crepes, Crepes...Do you love nuts? What I like about this crepes will be the generous serving of roasted hazelnuts. The mixed scent of Caramel with Roasted Hazelnuts just hit the "tuck in button"in the back of my head. But I think it will taste better if more caramel was drizzled over it. But we loved it! Hmm how can I describe this...*it resembles the feeling when your primary school teacher had comments on your composition on how you can improve but still gave you the golden star sticker you want* ( Me and my weird descriptions) The first bite, you will feel like something was missing and until you get a spoon of the ice-cream, you had it all figured out. The vanilla ice-cream had very well compliment the savoury caramel and crunchy nuts! Go Nuts People!
Chocolate Bonanza
Amanda's Chocolate BON-ZAI!! Hahaha...she thought it was the Bonzai when we first saw the name!
It has Stephanie's lava cake that didn't have much lava ooshing out (disappointed), mousse cake with cookie base and ice cream coated with chocolate!~ Screaming Choco-Late! The cake and ice cream was quite nice only if the lava cake has 心太软 it will be perfect!
Truffle Fries
People who knows me well will know how much I love eating fries. Fries never fail to make my day! And I love truffle fries and this was supposingly the best truffle fries in Singapore ( other people say one)
Maybe I already had the bar set high for it, sad to sayapart from the aroma of the fries from the truffle oil don't really think it was the best Truffle Fries I ever tasted. Maybe I am biased haha I prefer the fries from Dempsey's Barracks and Coastal Settlements :) 
Sorry Au Chocolate!! Next time, I will probably try more desserts but skip the fries....

After our apparently sinful snack and dessert, we need to burn it off with a 'after food stroll" along Marina Bay. It is time to show the artistic side of Me again...

 Photo I took on this special Sunday evening.. The white floating thing protuding out of the water spoiled my picture!! Don't know what was it for..I was guessing it was where the lights projected on Avalon came out from? Anyone knows what was the thing for can enlight us ya....
It was quite beautiful at night, if only we had the time to stop, look and appreciate the beautiful things we had. Only then we will realise how fortunate we are...

I also discovered the group of hipsters...not young but definitely Hip!
Aunties and Uncles doing Line Dancing along the bay!! Cool right!!
Also notice people jogging there too~! I think it will be really shiok to jog there cause it's windy, there is nice scenery and good place to people watch too. If you are tired and bored of staring at the treadmill counter on calories burned, you can get a couple of friends and jog here...
Sparkled the little light in me wanting to jog...hmm think again...maybe not haha!

Will definitely go checkout cool and new places for brunch and organise more outings and meetups with Stephanie and Amanda soon!! Just another lovely picture of us (our #OOTD)
Please imagine us 3 times taller!!
We are not this short hoho it is the dimension of the photos...
For those who do not know, yes that's me the short and fat ball in the middle, on the left is our leggy beauty - Stephanie (aka missnockie) and on the right, it is our Fashionista - Amanda (owner of petiteloft)
For nicer pictures of us  them, you can visit their blog by clicking on the links next to their names!!

Everyone have fun blog surfing~!

No comments:

Post a Comment